Posté par ITgium le 20 décembre 2012
Once upon a time, a mature woman from Chengdu with a long-term experience in Renmin Gongyuan sunday blind date meetings asked my friend Jeoren Van Groen, an aristocratic robust Dutch guy, to meet what she pictured as a Shanghai providential Lady.
At that time, she provided a detailed description of Sylvie Lin Jing, born the year of the death of a notorious womanizer whose unceasing yearnings for the power has undermined his country.
Through a fancy advertising, she portrayed her :
- She is a very elegant and charming woman fond of reading and art, sometimes naïve, sometimes mentally sophisticated, sometimes fragile, sometimes stubborn, but always brave and sincere in looking for her soul mate.
So my friend was excited. Then he agreed immediately for the meeting.
The blind date took place in an elegant and refined restaurant in Shanxi Lu, downtown Shanghai.
Lots of shivers during two hours talk.
A dialogue followed between the life and the future, that touched them deeply inside.
The day after, Jeoren sent to me this message.
- I have had the wonderful fortune of meeting a most remarkable woman, who was strong yet frail, courageous yet afraid, prophetic and visionary. She is a mature woman at the height of her sensuality.
- Great, I said, did you get the job ?
Jeoren didn’t answer.
- Something wrong ?
- First, I have to write a thousand of romantic’s letters. She must do the same ! Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth ! If not… no way !
A week later, the blind date Lady sent to him a disturbing message.
- Sylvie just called me and cried so sadly. She said you wanna stop without giving any reason.
What happened ?
Is there some misunderstanding ?
Is it really over ?
I know it’s none of my business to get involved in the private affairs of you two, but I do feel responsible for what happened to both of you.
I told you Sylvie was fragile, she will blame herself and lose confidence to herself for a quiet long time if you end it this way, abruptly and unexpectedly.
She kept asking me what she did wrong to deserve such a broke-up.
How can I console her ?
Do you mind telling me why? Is there anything I can do to make up?
I’m sorry if it’s a mistake to let you know each other and bring hurt to each other already. Sincerely.
When I heard the news, I was not surprise.
Jeoren was clear on his strategy.
Because she hasn’t reply to his letters, he abandoned.
He was crying heavily through a moved voice. He was quite unable to speak. Finally, he said tearfully and with a lump in his throat.
- She broke !
- I didn’t know that you were always connected with her, I told him.
- I have sent her one thousand letters expressing all my love but she never replied. Not a word. Not a whisper.
Because Jeoren didn’t give me any clear explanation, I called the blind date women. She was furious and irritated.
- He can say thousand times of « I love » to Sylvie, which means nothing to her when what he did has pointed to a contrary conclusion.
People eventually find out the truth by what you do instead of what you say.
His weapon is his pen which is capable to make a woman fall in love with him on paper, while, his weakness is he have nothing but a pen, with no idea how to love a person of flesh and blood in real life by at least being able to fulfill things like listening, caring, being reliable, trustable, and not lying all the time…
Yes, his words can be eternal on the paper, but not sustainable in this bloody down to earth world.
- He just disappeared from my world, said Sylvie with her usual radiant, half-shy smile, summing up the situation.
Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth !
That’s the game !
 Translated in English : an experienced and young person